Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Just a quick update, now that I know when I'm leaving:
I’m flying over to Istanbul June 20th, where I’ll be staying for the summer, studying Turkish at Bogazici University. On/about August 14th, I’ll be moving on over to Ankara, where I’ll be studying at ODTU, taking Turkish lessons, studying independently, and doing some independent research. I don’t know exactly when I’m returning, but classes go til at least mid-June, so it’ll be a full year and change.

My departure date was decided pretty darn recently, so I'm running around here, there, and everywhere trying to pack and get everything done before I leave. Also trying to remember what Turkey doesn't have and experience it before leaving/pack it (peanut butter, Mexican food, shorts, my favorite library system...). It's a fun flurry of activity.

-R

No comments: