Saturday, February 04, 2006

Photos

This is my room at METU: it's cozy and really nice. My side's the right side.

This is the biggest mosque in Ankara. It's quite cool; I passed it while I was wandering the city.

These are gece kondurs, which I wrote about in my last post. There are literally hhundreds of thousands of them in pockets all around the city. As a side note, most of the buildings are candy-colored, brights pinks and yellows and greens, etc. It's nice, because the city would otherwise be insurmountably gray.


My camera works again (apparently you can't scrimp on batteries and get the cheap ones, because then your camera will pretty much die), so I've finally taken a few pictures. Not many, but at least there are Turkish photos on my memory card. So, to start things off, here's a few from the last few days (above).

Take care,
-R

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. It looks like you are having a great adventure over there. Enjoy!
I just got back from my cruise to St Maarten, Barbados and Martinque - they have warm beaches, great shopping and an interesting history. On Barbados there is a volcano and the last time it erupted over 30,000 people were killed, all except the guy in jail. Crime paid that day.
Keep the pictures and prose coming.
Deb