Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ridiculous amounts of photos

To save everyone the pain of wading through the several-hundred photos from my last trip (and so my grandmother can see them, Hi Grandma!), I'm featuring a few highlights here:

102_2489

Flags outside Bogazici's gate in Etiler; The 3 big parties (AKP, CHP, MHP) are all represented.

102_2546

Danaijo and I in the Yerebatan Sarnici, or Basilica Cisterns

102_2520

Sultan's Loge at the Aya Sofya; the royal family would use this so as not to be disturbed by the great unwashed masses during prayertime.

102_2535

Danaijo and I in the balcony of the Aya Sofya.

102_2607

Topkapi Palace and the view behind it. Gorgeous even on a gray rainy day.

102_2629

Me and a fountain outside the Sultan's bedroom. The bedroom itself was in its own building, in the middle of the family section.

102_2638

D wasn't trying to get my eyes in this one, but it turned out kind of cool. That's the Yeni Cami (New Mosque) behind me.

102_2653

Troy. Those different wall sections are all from different Trojan cities. This is why I'm not an archaeologist.

As I get more uploaded to Flickr, I'll get more up here as well.
kib,
-R

No comments: